Vikingarännet at a later date

Vikingarännet will not take place on the 12th February. We aim to have the race a week later on the 19th February.

On the 10th of February, a preliminary decision will be made as to whether the race will take place. Our aim is to start and finish in Sigtuna, just as in 2016.

The reason for this decision and the choice of track is because the ice needs to be at least 5 cm thicker. The ice must be at least 15 cm thick to carry vehicles necessary for the race. Despite cold weather forcasts, the ice will not thicken because of very cloudy weather. Clear weather is needed for ice to thicken.

We believe that two weeks of cold weather will be sufficient for us to run Vikingarännet on 19th February.

Follow news and ice reports on our website.