The winter started late, but the cold weather arrived second half of January. Until then, only parts of the course had ice. After 25-30 January, there were fantastic ice along the course down to Hässelby. Strong winds from south ruined the ice on Lambarfjärden and we hoped for finish in Kungsängen. At our big meeting 4th February, with no predicted cold weather for a week, we decided to cancel Vikingarännet 2014. We made the right decision, at the time of the race, the ice was very dangerous, just for one person!